Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We're hiring an Executive Assistant!
Why it matters: You will support two of our Founders, including our Chief Executive Officer, by partnering with our Chief of Staff and Deputy Chief of Staff to ensure executive and founder operations are running smoothly.
Go deeper: We are looking for a proactive thinker to help enthusiastically support two of our company’s founding leaders and drive their professional and personal priorities forward. This opportunity will allow you to play an essential role in organizing the world of our executives and helping optimize our Founder’s time with key stakeholders.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Experience strategically managing an executive’s calendar and priorities
- Expertise with scheduling/logistics
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across multiple teams
- Extreme attention to detail and time management
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to using discretion when handling sensitive information
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.