Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Senior Producer to join our podcast team!
Why it matters: The Senior Producer is the editorial lead of our daily news podcast, Axios Re:Cap. It’s a critical role that sets the show’s agenda each day, thinks big picture about how the show can become a must-listen news podcast, and leads a small, but mighty team. This role will report to the Executive Producer and work with our team of Associate Producers. The role is temporary with the potential opportunity to continue with the Axios audio team as we develop new shows.
Go deeper: This role carries the following responsibilities:
- With EP, develops and executes vision for the show
- Supports host and ensures the show is designed around her talents
- Manages and supports our Associate Producers
- Decides and assigns each day’s mix of stories
- Maintain production spreadsheet which includes show summaries, episode text, production schedule (airdates), and booking details.
- Produces one show segment per day
- Edits scripts and segment drafts
- Works with EP and sound designer on developing the show’s sound
- Leads, plans and oversees special episodes and series
- Works with Axios editors and reporters to develop story pipeline
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- A love of daily news
- 5-7 years journalism experience, including working on daily broadcast (or podcast) news shows
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Understanding of the podcast landscape
- Ability to juggle multiple projects on deadline and work across geographically-dispersed teams
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.