Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Director on our Employee Experience team who will focus on Performance.
Why it matters: After a wildly successful first 5 years, Axios is continuing to scale and to support that growth we are building out a team dedicated to supporting an exceptional employee experience at Axios.
Go deeper: In this role, you will make an impact at Axios with the following responsibilities:
- Develop robust performance management initiatives to manage, motivate, and unleash the full potential of our employees.
- Design, implement, and refine the keys pieces of performance management.
- Support our goal-setting process in collaboration with the Finance team.
- Lead our evaluation process with an emphasis on data tracking and analysis.
- Provide coaching to support the ongoing development work between managers and their team members.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Experience with and passion for leading on performance management practices
- Comfort working in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Knowledge of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion values and best practices
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Ability to project manage and juggle multiple priorities at once
- Creative thinker, entrepreneurial mindset
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.