Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We're hiring a newsletter writer to join our Axios Markets team!
Why it matters: We are looking for a highly talented and collaborative journalist to write for our daily morning Markets newsletter. This person will pitch and author stories each day that are most worthy of our audience's time and will help package them into a compelling and informative daily product. A successful candidate for this job will be well sourced on the Markets beat and eager to cover one of Axios’ key areas of news coverage.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Axios’ mission. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to break stories, spot trends for longer-range coverage, and convey contextual meaning to developments on the beat. Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
- A subject matter expert on the markets landscape
- A passion for markets, business and finance topics
- Exceptional writing abilities
- Highly skilled at spotting top story ideas and crafting conceptual newsletter items to exceed our readers' expectations
- Expertise for driving the conversation with scoops and trend stories
- Strong exciting source base and ability to produce exclusive content
- Ability to collaborate closely and effectively with internal and external audiences
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in high pressure news environment
- A commitment to building and support a diverse and inclusive environment
- A belief in Smart Brevity as the core writing style of Axios
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.