1 Big Thing: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy content in an audience-first format. This year, we celebrated a major milestone, launching a SaaS product for corporate communications called Axios HQ. We are looking for a Growth leader to lead our marketing and sales teams. Read more about HQ in the Wall Street Journal.
Why it Matters: The Director of Growth will help develop and execute on HQ’s marketing strategy across all of HQ’s organic and paid channels.
Go Deeper: This person will partner closely with the HQ’s sales team to develop the strategies, experiments, and resources we need to reach our commercial goals. You will:
- Define our demand generation and marketing strategy, developing multi-channel campaigns that drive lead generations, build our customer pipeline, and emphasize engagement.
- Analyze our data, metrics and current hypotheses to refine our key marketing priorities to drive MQLs.
- Understand our target personas, and build content marketing strategies that engage them.
- Determine marketing resourcing needs, and manage agency relationships.
- Oversee campaign executions, including launch, A/B testing, measurement and tracking for SEO, SEM, paid media, social and email marketing.
- Collaborate across the HQ team — including product, sales, content and account management — to ensure messaging is clear and consistent at every touchpoint.
- Establish a data strategy and ID partnerships that enhance audience information.
- Continuously test and learn across channels, messages, creative and landing pages.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Proven success in digital marketing, lead generation and content creation in fast growing B2B or SaaS companies
- Strong leadership skills, with experience building and managing teams in a fast-paced environment
- Cross-functional collaboration — collecting context to define, and building buy-in to execute, how we engage, educate, and nurture our target customers
- Experience in developing and executing a playbook for growth, including experience building brand awareness campaigns as well as Account-Based Marketing strategies
- Data-driven and revenue-centric, experience in partnering with sales to drive MQLs and pipeline
- Proficiency with marketing automation, sales CRMs (Hubspot preferred) and social media strategy
Don’t forget: Axios employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.