Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring an Associate Director, Client Success to grow and support our membership program across Axios Local markets.
Why it Matters: Driving membership revenue will enable Axios to reinvest in local journalism. In this role you will partner closely with the Director of Client Success for Axios Local to establish annual membership goals across our local markets and develop ongoing strategies to optimize member recruitment, engagement, and retention. In addition, you will manage a team of associates charged with driving revenue through job boards in every Axios Local city. This is a unique opportunity to lead a team that generates incremental revenue as we scale our local market presence.
The Details: Ideal candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly collaborative, exhibit a passion for the Axios Local mission, and have the following attributes:
- Experience working on a membership or community management program
- Business development or account management experience
- Digital marketing and copywriting experience
- Love of building something new and putting process into place
- Customer-centric mindset
- Data-driven decision-maker
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 1-2 years prior management experience preferred
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.