Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We're hiring a Data Analyst!
Why it Matters: Our data analyst will champion a data-informed culture by empowering others to use data to make responsible decisions, ask smart questions, and by performing complex ad-hoc analyses for key stakeholders. This person will collaborate with a variety of other teams and regularly provide insights and contexts to key stakeholders.
The Details: You must be a highly collaborative problem solver and capable of understanding how data is implemented, distributed, and consumed. An understanding of how to work with large amounts of data to support or refute a hypothesis is also essential in this role. A strong candidate should be able to analyze, translate and communicate effectively about data with product and engineering teams as well as other key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Axios, a collaborative spirit, and possess the following skills:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Applied experience and proficiency with SQL
- Demonstrated experience working with large data sets and relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Redshift, BigQuery etc)
- Ability to analyze large datasets to identify patterns/trends and apply statistical techniques
- Experience with using business intelligence tools (Looker preferred, but not required)
- Experience and comfort with data analysis and reporting for business stakeholders, external clients or product and technology teams
- Familiarity with data modeling and common data warehouse schemas (Star, Snowflake)
- Strong growth and curiosity driven mindset, with an interest in gaining experience working with a variety of stakeholders, translating business requirements, and presenting findings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record of collaborating effectively with colleagues
- Python proficiency preferred, but not required.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.