Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a technology reporter to extend our coverage of the industry with a particular focus on breaking news about the largest and most influential companies.
Why it matters: Our newest Tech Reporter will be a leader of our tech coverage, breaking the biggest stories coming out of the tech industry for our daily tech newsletter, Login.
Go deeper: In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Leading our coverage of Google, Facebook, Apple and Amazon, building out a network of sources among both company leadership and rank and file.
- Writing 1 Big Thing stories on this beat that break news and lay out the biggest themes for our influential leadership of decision-makers in D.C., Silicon Valley and across the U.S.
- Contributing to, and on occasion writing, our daily Login newsletter.
- Contributions to and collaborations with Axios teams producing our podcasts, “Axios on HBO” and other projects, as well as occasional participation in Axios events as host or interviewer.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills and traits:
- Hunger for exclusive stories and smart sharp angles on the news.
- Deep knowledge of tech industry dynamics, players, issues and history.
- Extensive experience covering technology industry news and explaining it to smart readers.
- Enthusiasm for Axios’ Smart Brevity format and style.
- Ability to juggle fast-moving news coverage and work on longer-term reporting projects.
- A collaborative mindset and a reader-first approach.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.