Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Director of Customer Success to help define, build, and deliver a best in class customer experience for our new paid subscription business!
Why it matters: The Director of Customer Success will lead the development and execution of the customer service, support and renewal operations for Axios’ new paid subscription business.
Go deeper: In this role you will be responsible for managing the post-sale customer support and renewal strategies for our new premium subscription product. Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across product, tech, operations and marketing to operationalize a customer support and renewal strategy.
- Partner with the marketing team to map the customer journey and develop an automated customer outreach and communication cadence to maximize subscriber retention rates.
- Oversee customer support channels and monitor feedback to proactively share new feature requests, bug reports, etc. with the Product & Tech teams.
- Monitor customer engagement and adoption trends and identify best practices to minimize churn.
- Implement tools and resources such as a CRM system to effectively manage customer support at scale.
- Identify KPIs and set-up reporting and dashboards to effectively report out on progress to key stakeholders.
- Establish the blueprints for internal processes and organizational systems through our project management tool, Wrike.
- Create individual and team performance goals, provide performance reviews, and support development for future team members.
- Take a leadership role in developing success, support, and retention strategies for future product iterations.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, have a passion for Axios’ mission of getting people smarter, faster, and demonstrate the following skills:
- Experience managing and scaling a subscription or Saas business across a large number of small to medium-sized customers.
- Understanding of recurring revenue streams and deep knowledge of tactics for achieving optimal customer retention and expansion metrics.
- Experience in orchestrating communications across internal and external stakeholders.
- Loves building things and has a proven history of developing new processes and organizational systems.
- Customer-centric mindset with strong sales and commercial instincts.
- Proven record of building customer relationships.
- Data-driven decision-maker.
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- History of successfully managing and supporting the development of direct reports and junior team members.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.