1 Big Thing: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy content in an audience-first format. This year, we celebrated a major milestone, launching a SaaS product for corporate communications called Axios HQ. We are looking for a Content Creator to support our marketing and sales teams. Read more about Axios HQ in the Wall Street Journal.
Why it Matters: The Content Marketer will play a critical role in helping Axios HQ scale by engaging new audiences with thoughtful content campaigns. Axios HQ’s Content Marketer will develop creative and innovative content marketing strategies across mediums and amplify Axios HQ by developing engaging content. This marketer will act as an internal content entrepreneur, taking lead on ideation, research, and execution. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of content creation and a demonstrated ability to collaborate directly with sales and marketing teams.
Go Deeper: In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Develop, articulate, and champion a clear vision for how Axios HQ can create engaging cross-channel content.
- Lead internal creative brainstorms and ensure the content strategy is engaging, effective, and repeatable.
- Leverage your passion for storytelling to envision new content formats, trends, and how Axios HQ can deliver best-in-class content.
- Pitch projects, A/B tests, and creative content ideas to stimulate content engagement.
- Help the HQ team develop and produce engaging events that capture audiences across the country
- Understand the needs of our audience and provide relevant content.
- Create relevant research-driven cross-medium content ideas focused on photo/graphics/infographics, case studies, research, editorial, live events, video, and social media elements.
- Help establish effective processes and organizational systems as one of the first content creator team members following our public launch of Axios HQ.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios HQ’s mission and have the following skills:
- 5+ years of content creation and/or content management experience for a company that provides technology and services solutions to a wide array of clients
- Experience establishing content marketing and campaign plans
- Exceptionally collaborative with an eagerness to work hard to advance the success of a new product and contribute to new processes and infrastructure
- Growth mindset with a constant desire to receive feedback, learn, and grow
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment where things are growing and changing at lightning speed
- Experience with Hubspot or a similar CRM, and social management tools
- Demonstrated ability to execute on multiple projects for on-time project completion
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.