Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring an Account Executive to join our newest local news initiative, which will extend our mission to America’s hometowns!
Why it Matters: Our Account Executive will work with new and existing partners to grow Axios Locals’ revenue through native content development. You will act as a brand ambassador for certain Axios Local markets and proactively network across those markets and create new opportunities. You will develop and maintain trusted, strategic relationships with local agency and client partners.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission. This is a high-energy role that requires superior communication skills, an ability to understand partner business priorities and develop creative solutions, and a proven ability to generate leads. Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
- Experience in sales, digital media, consulting, or marketing
- Experience selling or managing books of business for local advertising or digital media clients
- Familiarity with the local advertisers in their city’s market
- Knowledge of digital media, online marketing technology, and Axios’ competitive landscape
- Highly collaborative with a proven track record of forming strong working relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Willingness to travel and attend social events and engagements during evening hours (when it becomes safe to do so again)
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.