Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We're hiring a Senior Director of Employee Experience!
Why it Matters: After a wildly successful first 4 years, Axios is continuing to scale and grow across the media and tech industries. To support the growth of our 300+ person company, we are building out a team dedicated to supporting an exceptional employee experience at Axios.
Go Deeper: We’ve built a best-in-class, award winning People Operations team that ensures Axios is an amazing place for all of our team members to come to work each day. We're looking for someone to lead the Employee Experience team and be responsible for ensuring an engaging experience across the employee lifecycle at Axios.
In this role, you will:
- Map and manage the entire employee lifecycle to ensure we have the right programs and practices in place at key inflection points
- Manage a team responsible for designing and refining initiatives to enhance employee engagement, recognition, and satisfaction at all phases of the employee lifecycle.
- Provide strategic and organizational support to Axios leaders to ensure they are tracking towards department and company goals.
- Oversee the development and delivery of learning and development programs, coaching and training programs, and employee engagement activities.
- Identify the key drivers of employee engagement, monitor and assess engagement, and develop recommendations to improve engagement.
- Solicit and leverage feedback and input from employees and other stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement.
- Evaluate and update practices to ensure a culture of inclusion and belonging.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- A proven leader in the HR/People Operations field with a strong track record of delivering results
- An exceptional people manager with experience working in fast-paced culture
- Knowledge of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion best practices and a deep commitment to ensuring Axios is a happy, healthy place to work for employees of all backgrounds and identities
- Proven experience collaborating and partnering with colleagues at all levels
- Experience working with HR/People Ops in a startup environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to project manage and juggle multiple priorities at once
- Creative thinker and entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for building and creating from the ground up
- Ability to have sensitive conversations and advise colleagues on HR related issues
Don’t forget: Axios employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.