1 Big Thing: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy content in an audience-first format. This year, we celebrated a major milestone, launching a SaaS product for corporate communications called Axios HQ. We are looking for an Account Manager to support and retain our rapidly growing client-base. Read more about Axios HQ in the Wall Street Journal.
Why it Matters: Our inaugural team of account managers will be critical to the future and long-term success of Axios HQ. This team will be at the center of adopting new and innovative practices for onboarding new clients, establishing Axios HQ as a brand with exceptional client service, and retaining and growing our client partnerships as our technology continues to grow and expand.
Go Deeper: In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Onboard new Axios HQ clients and provide continual training and user adoption support across client lifecycle
- Collaborate closely with sales team to ensure a smooth handoff when new clients purchase the Axios HQ product
- Set an exceptionally high standard for customer service as we bring new clients onto Axios HQ-- this can include activities such as responding to client challenges/problems, proactively scheduling regular check ins, providing timely feedback to the product and engineering team for feature requests and bug reports, etc.
- Successfully renew and upsell existing clients and consistently perform against individual and team quantitative and qualitative KPIs
- Help establish effective processes and organizational systems as one of the first account management team members following our public launch of Axios HQ
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- 2+ years of account management and/or client success experience for a company that provides technology and services solutions to a wide array of clients
- Proven track record hitting and exceeding renewal and upsell quotas
- Exceptionally collaborative with an eagerness to work hard to advance the success of a new product and contribute to new processes and infrastructure
- Growth mindset with a constant desire to receive feedback, learn and grow
- Strong commercial skills, with experience navigating thoughtful, consultative conversations to successfully execute renewals and upsells
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment where things are growing and changing at lightning speed
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per month
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.