1 Big Thing: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy content in an audience-first format. This year, we celebrated a major milestone, launching a SaaS product for corporate communications called Axios HQ. We are looking for an effective and empathetic leader to manage our growing team of sales and account management associates. Read more about Axios HQ in the Wall Street Journal.
Why it Matters: As the lead of our early-career talent on the Axios HQ sales and account management teams, this Sales Development Manager will help hire, coach, and develop our growing team of associates. Axios HQ’s associates play a critical role in driving revenue and delivering an exceptional experience for the clients of this recently launched product. This role will report to and partner closely with our VP of Sales to create and implement processes and systems to maximize the output, performance and potential of our early-career team members.
The details: Responsibilities for this role include:
- Oversee all aspects of daily operations for sales and account management associates, including hiring, training, coaching and development, and performance management.
- Collaborate closely with sales and marketing leadership to create and drive new business and renewal interactions through various outreach and retention campaigns.
- As Axios HQ scales as a product, build scripting playbooks, outreach strategies, and KPIs to drive success across the associate ranks.
- Spot challenges and inefficiencies in the performance of associates and quickly redirect to drive improvements
Go deeper: Ideal candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly collaborative, exhibit a passion for building something new, and have the following experience:
- Exceptional emotional intelligence with a proven track record of coaching and developing high-potential early-career commercial talent
- Direct experience managing entry-level or early-career professionals in a sales or commercial environment
- Ability to understand the formula for driving top-of-funnel activity in order to drive toward revenue goals and milestones
- Strong track record of building processes, infrastructure, and performance playbooks from the ground-up
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A deep belief in and commitment to maintaining a diverse and inclusive team environment
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events