Head of Engineering, Axios HQ
Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage company that was launched to get our audience smarter, faster on the news and information that matters. That success and unique approach to communicating led to Axios HQ - our new SaaS product for corporate communications. We’re looking for an Head of Engineering to lead this group and steward the next evolution of AxiosHQ.
Why it Matters: As Axios HQ evolves, this role will be critical in determining the future of the product and its impact on Axios’ broader mission. Our new leader will build and support a talented team to take it to the next level and lead engineering innovation at scale.
Go Deeper: This is an incredible opportunity to come in at the early stages of something big, help grow and shape a technology team, and build something that will change the future of how companies communicate with their people. You should come ready to challenge our assumptions, teach us new skills and show us new possibilities.
The Details: This role will report to our President and the ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Previous success with and passion for leading a technical SaaS product and managing teams
- Demonstrated experience hiring, mentoring and retaining distributed engineering teams
- Demonstrated technical experience building something that has scaled to tens and hundreds of thousands of users
- Deep understanding of enterprise security and compliance (SOC2)
- A belief in and commitment to building a diverse team and inclusive culture
- Proficiency in leading teams building products in Typescript & React and Python & Django REST Framework
- Demonstrated excellence in technical design, roadmapping and partnering with our Product leaders and Founders
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with excellent prioritization skills
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per month
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.