Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters and why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring a Product Designer to help us build new digital products.
Why it Matters: This person will collaborate with other designers, engineers and product managers to concept, design, prototype, test, and iterate products until they meet our high standards of quality. The role reports to the VP of Product Design, and will assist with all day-to-day operations as we grow the Design organization.
Go Deeper: This designer will play an integral role in communicating design decisions across the team and organization to help execute on an ambitious product vision. Ideal candidates should know how to use their voice to advocate for users and how to creatively approach constraints while remaining flexible in a constantly evolving environment.
- Proactive, self-starter who brings original ideas and fresh approaches to design projects
- Experience rapidly creating designs on high-priority projects
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Experience working on mobile and desktop experiences, both web and native apps
- Experience building low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes
- Ability to communicate design decisions across the team and organization
- Ability to synthesize user needs, editorial needs, and business needs into a compelling product experience
- Strong portfolio of web and mobile product design that has been built and shipped to users
- Participate in the product discovery process with product management, business, and engineering teams.
- Turn concepts and ideas into deliverable web and native mobile products
- Deliver elegantly-simple solutions to the right problems — defined by insights and data — with a keen eye for detail
- Contribute to the product design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Revise and update designs and documentation based on continued user testing and feedback
- Provide mentorship and feedback to junior designers on project teams
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend