Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that gets you smarter, faster with news that matters. We're hiring a Cybersecurity Reporter!
Go deeper: In this role, you will lead our coverage of the politics and business of cybersecurity for our weekly cybersecurity newsletter. We are looking for an ambitious reporter who understands the challenges on the surface and the dynamics and players behind the scenes, and who is passionate about explaining this field’s complexities to a broad audience. You will help cover news across the verticals Axios covers, including technology, healthcare, energy, business, future of work, media and politics, because cybersecurity issues impact all of these areas.
Why it matters: This beat has far-reaching implications for policymakers, business executives, and consumers. Everyday anxiety grows about the rise of data breaches, foreign influence over our communications networks, how personal data is used and how technology is being leveraged to prevent the ever-changing threat landscape.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Demonstrated passion and experience writing, reporting or editing on the cybersecurity industry
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in high-pressure news environments
- Experience with beat reporting and column/newsletter writing
- Familiarity and excitement in working with multiple teams
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend