Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format and, more recently, have begun to focus on building innovative communications products. We are hiring a VP of Engineering!
Why it Matters: Our tech and product teams are building tools to enable people consume elegant, trustworthy news content and to communicate effectively across multiple channels and environments.
Go Deeper: We are looking for a VP of engineering who understands that leadership is service, knows how to build amazing products at enterprise scale, and has demonstrated experience leading large teams. We are looking for a brilliant tactician, a fantastic organizer, someone who focuses on data to drive results, and leads with compassion and empathy.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Demonstrated managerial experience at scale
- Excellent track record hiring, leading and retaining remote, cross-functional teams
- Experience leading product development and delivery
- Demonstrated technical experience building something that has scaled to millions of users
- Wildly collaborative with the ability to partner closely with our CTO and execute seamlessly on a vision
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with startup founders and other non-technical organizational leaders
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend