Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that gets you smarter, faster with news that matters. We're hiring a Payroll Manager!
Why it Matters: We are looking for a Payroll Manager to help maintain our financial data and report it in a useful and easily digestible way. As our Payroll Manager, you will work cross-collaboratively with our Executive and People Operations teams to prepare financial reports, budgets and statements.
Go Deeper: In just over two years, we’ve built a 180+ person, multi-state, successful digital media and technology company. We are looking for someone to join our growing finance team and help streamline our current processes and procedures for improving operational efficiency of our finance reporting and budgeting systems.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following:
- Work experience as a Payroll Administrator, Accounting Assistant or similar role
- Hands-on experience with accounting software, like QuickBooks
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and charts and using financial Excel functions)
- Understanding of bookkeeping procedures
- Ability to process payroll and perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Excellent time-management and organization skills
- Proven track record handling confidential information such as payroll and 401k with sensitivity and discretion
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics highly preferred
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual benefit to go towards individuals’ learning and development