1 Big Thing: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format and, more recently, have begun to focus on building innovative communications products. We are hiring a Creative Strategist to serve as a leader in our growing Brand Studio.
Why it Matters: Our Creative Strategist will manage projects and team members within our Brand Studio to create custom content narratives for our partners that are cohesive across all of our various platforms. This person will also work with potential partners in the RFP and pitch development process and will ensure our Studio constantly goes above and beyond for our client partners.
Go Deeper: Ideal candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly collaborative, exhibit strong emotional intelligence, and have the following experience:
- Proven track record of turning a brand’s narrative into a compelling creative campaign
- Combination of experience with branded video, branded writing and events
- Belief in the Axios style of journalism and branded story-telling
- Extremely adaptable: we’ve been incredibly disruptive in an industry that has been stagnant for years. Willingness and excitement to adapt to our style and products is a must.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work well with cross-functional leaders and teammates and get cross-functional team members working together toward a common goal
- Expert-level project management skills, ability to evaluate processes and improve operations to deliver all projects on time and under budget while exceeding partner expectations
- Proven track record as a leader and manager of multi-functional teams
- Agency or journalism experience is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend