Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters and why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring a Brand Designer, Growth!
Why it Matters: We are looking for a talented multi-disciplinary designer to join our growing design team. This person will collaborate with our Brand, Product and Growth team to conceptualize and create design assets. A successful candidate will understand and anticipate the company’s growth and product needs, and be able to capture both existing and new audiences with unique and compelling designs.
Go Deeper: This person will be responsible for creating unique concepts that address the company’s growth and product ambition and challenges, support the concept with research and fact-finding, and translate the concept into tangible execution. They will ensure our brand visual identity is maintained across several channels and touchpoints, online and off-line. This role involves participation in design dialogue and contributing to our design culture as a whole. An ideal candidate will be empathetic towards the end-user and will be able to iterate on designs strategically and creatively according to user behavior and data-driven trends.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Incredibly strong and sophisticated design sensibility and attention to detail
- Partner with product designers to define the visual design strategy for a product area and work with other leads and cross-functional partners to drive consensus across teams
- Experience creating design assets to meet brand, marketing, and product needs, for everything from email, icons and social marketing campaigns to new product launches
- Ability to articulate and advocate for design decisions to both immediate and larger teams
- Comfort with both creative and strategic design approaches
- Knowledge of good design foundations, including typography, balance, colors, composition in general, across different outcomes.
- Ability to collaborate closely and effectively with internal stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and follow creative direction
- Art direction and marketing campaign experience is a plus
- Motion graphics experience a plus
- Eagerness for feedback
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend