Axiom is seeking a Talent Engagement and Operations Associate to join our Zurich office.
A critical member of Axiom’s Swiss team, the Talent Engagement and Operations Associate (TE/Ops) supports multiple functions including serving as the connectivity point between Axiom global functions and key local operating processes and activities.
First, the TE/Ops Associate is accountable for understanding our clients’ needs, outlining the scope of their needs and requirements, and matching these against the skills and expertise of our Lawyers. This process requires deep knowledge of client legal operations and the range of Axiom legal services and solutions; as well knowledge of and relationships with Axiom lawyers in Switzerland, to identify, “match” and confirm potential candidates for Axiom client engagements.
Additionally, the Talent Engagement and Operations Associate plays a critical role in localization and process optimization for all back office functions as adapted to ensure compliance with Swiss employment and regulatory considerations; and has a direct and immediate impact in realizing sales and revenue goals for Axiom AG. This requires deep knowledge of Axiom operational processes, systems and productivity tools, to lead adaptation and implementation of such tools and processes to specifically support Axiom’s operations in Switzerland.
Specifically, this role is responsible for:
- Fulfillment of Client Matters
- Leading client intake calls to understand client requirements and to shape and qualify the demand
- Identifying Axiom Lawyers who effectively meet the requirements of the client’s needs
- Identifying creative or alternative solutions for filling the client’s open matter when traditional routes may not be effective
- Gauging and generating interest of Axiom Lawyers in the related open matters, including handling any objections
- Submitting Axiom Lawyers to clients for review and gather feedback
- Upon selection of Axiom Lawyer, manage the contracting process with the client and lawyer (s)
- Managing pricing processes for individual engagement pricing as well as optimizing pricing tools and processes
- Analysing and Managing against Lawyer Demand
- Developing a deep understanding of the skills, practice areas, seniority, and industry experience of the financial services-focused Axiom Lawyers
- Interviewing and assessing candidates against skills requirements and client cultures
- Identifying lawyer demand trends based on open matters and fill rate; interpreting the trends to determine whether action is required to further develop our bench of lawyers which may include external recruiting
- Partnering with Lawyer Recruitment team as needed to identify skills gaps in current lawyer bench to create targeted recruitment campaigns
- Operations –
- Leading weekly sales pipeline management processes
- Developing best practice tools, templates, and trainings for the Swiss market across lawyer engagement, client interactions, and commercial processes, promoting best-in-class operations.
- Partnering with our internal business functions (primarily finance) to ensure global practices and procedures are adapted to local requirements
- Troubleshooting billing and invoicing issues and other client matters affecting gross margin performance
IDEAL CANDIDATE & REQUIREMENTS
Relevant skills and background are necessary, but successful Axiomites exhibit much more. In addition to the requirements listed below, ideal candidates must demonstrate a relentless service orientation, effortlessly form trusted-advisor relationships, be proactive in their desire to improve the status quo, remain mission-focused and highly accountable at all times, and be able to operate effectively within a highly collaborative team environment.
- Bachelor degree from a university
- 3+ years of relevant experience within a law firm or consulting firm, primarily working in recruitment, inside sales and/or engagement fulfillment
- Experience within a global organization and bringing local to ensure compliance within local markets. Must thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, self-starter, multi-cultural environment.
- Proven experience in process improvement, effective use of technology as productivity drivers; and creation of best practice tools such as Salesforce, Slack, Showpad and/or other professional services/B2B management tools -- and consistently “push the boundaries” with new tools that may be evolving in the market
- Thrives in a dynamic, small-team environment (local Swiss office)
- Strong people- and client-facing skills. Must be motivated by building direct relationships with Axiom’s lawyers and clients.`
- Highly persuasive verbal communication skills, high-impact presentation skills
- Proven experience and sense of drive and commitment to closing client opportunities
- Proven experience in recruitment, including the ability to effectively assess candidate skills and interests to meet requirements
- Experience in interacting with cross functional business partners (including accounts and payroll teams.)
- Poise, confidence, and maturity to interact with senior level, highly experienced lawyers and/or clients
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Highly organized; must thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment where ability to proactively reprioritize based on fast-moving internal and external situations is critical, while maintaining motivation and positive attitude
- Exceptional English skills as required to effectively operate across Axiom global operations and functions.