Senior Billing & Collections Coordinator, Chicago IL
Axiom, a pioneer in the legal industry and a leading, global provider of technology-enabled legal solutions, is seeking a Billing Specialist to join our team in Chicago
Axiom, a leading global marketplace for on-demand corporate legal talent, is leading the revolution of who does the work in the legal industry. The Axiom model disrupts the traditional allocation of work to law firms and in-house teams. By matching highly credentialed lawyers with legal work across industries and practice areas, Axiom enables clients to become more agile and efficient, and empowers lawyers to pursue more of the work they love. Axiom serves over half the Fortune 100 with offerings that combine flexible talent, technology, and know-how in the business of law. www.axiomlaw.com
We are looking for someone with a passion for detail, teamwork, and best in class for client experience! The person will have a background in billing/e-billing and Accounts Receivable, preferably in a law firm environment.
This position is part of the Client Financial Management team reporting to the Manager. The Billing and Collections Coordinator role is responsible for all phases of client billing assignments for North America, including processing invoices, monitoring and following up on outstanding receivables, billing analysis, as well as consistent collaboration in attaining the company’s billing goals. The qualified candidate is motivated, forward-thinking with high level customer service skills.
The Billing & Collections Coordinator is expected to perform all job responsibilities with a commitment to providing excellent service to clients, internal teams and finance colleagues while producing a timely and accurate work product. Additionally, the Billing & Collections Coordinator is expected to maintain an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Proactively seek & provide recommendations to improve existing processes
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and documentation of billing procedures, fee arrangements and client preferences
- Manage billing relationships with both internal sales teams and external clients
- Collaborate with Axiom teams to set up engagements through our ERP system
- Work closely with internal time approvers to generate monthly client invoices and monitor delays effectively
- Prepare weekly billing updates
- Complete requests for supporting documentation required by client
- Deliver invoices via e-mail in addition to a variety of client assigned e-billing platforms
- Ensures the receivables are realized at as close to 100% as possible and collected on a timely manner
- Prepare weekly Accounts Receivable analysis for assigned business teams
- Utilizes firm standard software to identify and prioritize accounts for follow up and monitoring
- Follow-up with e-billing remittances and rejections
- Assist with payment applications, short pays or other invoice problems
- Proactively seek and provide recommendations to improve existing processes
Successful candidates must be a fit for Axiom’s unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, collaboration, technological savvy, and operating with/through a lean team (for people leaders: must be comfortable in a player/coach role.)
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities and education for this role:
• 3-4+ years of relevant billing experience, preferably within a law firm environment
• Knowledge of electronic billing applications
• Strong organizational skills, maintenance of detailed records, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and strong verbal and written skills
• Ability and willingness to assess procedures and proactively recommend improvements to existing processes
• Ability and willingness to prioritize and meet strict deadlines
• Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction while adapting to changing priorities and work demands
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience supporting client-facing team members and willingness to help identify and solve issues
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, superb judgment and grace under pressure
• Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is imperative
• Strong executive presence with ability to communicate at multiple levels of an organization
• Bachelor’s Degree
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in the application process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
ISO STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN CHICAGO, BELFAST, OR WROCLAW:
As part of ISO certified organisation the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management Systems in place at the Chicago, Belfast, and Wroclaw Centers of Excellence and globally at Axiom. The candidate will also be subject to the client’s policies and procedures and security requirements. As an employee of Axiom, you may have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.
SAN FRANCISCO FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN SAN FRANCISCO:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.