The Lawyer Partnership team is responsible for the onboarding, readiness, relationship management, performance management, and professional development of one of Axiom’s largest population of Attorneys. The team strategically partners with the West sales team to ensure that the population and composition of the attorney population meets the demand from clients and to the quality of the attorney experience. A critical member of that team, the Lawyer Talent Partner will shepherd attorneys throughout their Axiom career.
The Partnerships Associate will:
- Serve as primary Lawyer Talent Partner for a bench of Axiom lawyers, focusing on their career pathing and employee experience throughout the attorney’s Axiom career;
- Conduct regular check-ins with Axiom attorneys to gauge interest, performance and overall satisfaction in their work and their overall Axiom career, as well as to communicate regular performance feedback from clients;
- Strategically enable the success of Axiom attorneys through tailored initiatives, such as Axiom attorney community integration, professional development opportunities and training;
- Develop a deep understanding of the skills, practice areas and industry experience of Axiom lawyers, including becoming an authority on the state of the legal market;
- Work closely with Attorney Recruitment and Sales teams to calibrate client demand and lawyer hiring strategy;
This is a position for someone who loves to facilitate the success of others, exhibits outstanding judgment and professionalism, possesses excellent analytical skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This position requires the confidence to interact with experienced professionals, to speak to them about what we do in a credible and compelling way, and to understand and be responsive to their professional development goals.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
- 1-3 years of experience within a professional services firm or educational institution;
- Highly persuasive communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills;
- The ability to effectively assess employee skills and interests to help them meet their professional development goals and determine continued fit, ability and commitment to the Axiom model;
- Demonstrable ability to coach, mentor, teach and develop others;
- The poise and maturity to interact with senior level, highly experienced lawyers and/or clients, including the confidence and sensitivity to deliver tough or constructive feedback;
- High-level organizational skills, together with the ability to operate in an often high-pressured and fast-paced environment;
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint); and
- Commitment to innovation and efficiency, specifically within the legal services area, with a demonstrable interest in the Axiom model and the changing legal landscape.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in the application process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
ISO STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN CHICAGO, BELFAST, OR WROCLAW:
As part of ISO certified organisation the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management Systems in place at the Chicago, Belfast, and Wroclaw Centers of Excellence and globally at Axiom. The candidate will also be subject to the client’s policies and procedures and security requirements. As an employee of Axiom, you may have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.