Business Development Associate
Axial is a platform connecting and serving buyers and sellers of privately held companies. CEOs, investment bankers, private equity investors and middle market lenders join Axial to source M&A and growth capital deals and partners. Since our inception, Axial has facilitated over $25B in total transaction volume. Axial is backed by First Round, Redpoint Ventures, Comcast Ventures, and Edison Partners.
This role is laser-focused on Axial’s highest priority objective: to grow the number of M&A and capital raise transactions that launch on our platform.
This is not a typical sales position. It blends sales and business development, requires a mix of individual performance and cross-team collaboration, and requires you to be great at account acquisition and account growth. You will be challenged to sharpen your sales skills, operate in a fast-paced start-up environment, and be part of a team that is transforming one of the largest private capital markets in the world.
This is a demanding role for a smart and ambitious sales & BD professional. It will require you to be "on" every day so that you can communicate crisply and effectively with a demanding and discerning audience of CEOs and investment bankers. An understanding of the M&A transaction environment is a very large plus. We’re looking for candidates who have tremendous growth potential and a demonstrated ability to learn rapidly.
- Directly communicate, in a consultative manner, with CEOs and M&A advisors to attract and engage them on our platform
- Execute scaled, high-volume touchpoints to re-activate dormant users
- Collaborate with demand generation to design, build, and test new ideas for growing and optimizing our lead funnel
- Partner with marketing/content on the creation of new content assets, sales collateral, and other types of sales enablement and marketing assets
- Contribute ideas for operational improvements that drive internal process efficiencies
- 1-2 years of experience in investment banking, capital markets, private equity, wealth management, institutional sales or inside sales for a software or financial services company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Smart, hungry, ambitious and personally accountable
- Commitment to a career chapter as a producer - this role is not suited for analysts who want to remain analysts
- Strong organization and time management skills are essential
A cover letter or emailed note concisely explaining your interest is advised.