Reports To: Controller
Location: Greater Nashville, TN area
Start date: Immediately
At Ancient Nutrition (ancientnutrition.com) and DrAxe.com (draxe.com), together with our affiliated companies, we believe the human body was built for high performance, and we are passionate about helping people around the world transform their lives through natural health and wellness. We produce and sell 5-star-rated organic health supplements, provide transformative programs and certification courses and deliver unparalleled (and free) education on nutrition, natural medicine, fitness, healthy recipes, DIY home remedies and trending health news through multiple platforms. Our whole food nutritional products are designed to provide ancient nutrients in a modern, convenient form to power the body and mind, restoring us to the health, strength and vitality of our ancestors.
Named Tennessee's fastest growing company 2 years in a row and landing at #35 on Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies nationwide, we have a lot of successes under our belt. And we're just getting started! Our portfolio brands include: Ancient Nutrition, Axe Organics, Functional Fungi, Ancient Apothecary and Beyond Organic. We have locations in North Palm Beach, FL, Nashville, TN, Arroyo Grande, CA and Mt. View, MO.
As the Staff Accountant, you will compile, process, and maintain accounts payable records and assist with bank reconciliations / payroll processing as necessary From a compliance stand point, you will be responsible for maintaining compliance with any applicable laws and more specifically, vendor guidelines.
Most importantly, you'll see first hand how your work helps millions of people live healthier, richer lives.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll handle the collection and coding of Invoices.
- You'll monitor downloaded transactions and report issues as necessary.
- You'll manage vendor relationships and respond to issues as necessary.
- You'll assist with Bill.com database and vendor management including updates and maintenance.
- You'll prepare bi-weekly payments for processing.
- You'll reconcile vendor statements.
- You'll process and follow-up on rush items.
- You'll maintain appropriate Accounts Payable files.
- You'll handle 1099 Preparation as needed.
- You'll download and manage PayPal transactions as necessary / instructed.
- You'll perform bank reconciliation for Axe Wellness operating account.
- You'll handled the collection and management of Payroll hours.
- You'll be responsible for maintaining compliance with state, local, and federal law as necessary.
- You'll ensure vendor compliance with W9 collection and management, etc.
What we are looking for:
- 4-year degree in Accounting preferred but not required
- In lieu of degree, multiple years of accounting experience
- Quickbooks experience
- Self starter and self learner. We are very busy. We literally don't have time to micromanage.
- Multi-tasking is your middle name.
- You like working fast with impeccable accuracy.
- Confidentiality is a given.
- Eye for detail, accuracy is imperative. Mistakes jump off the page at you.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Team player.
- You are humble.
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, we are a laid back, fast paced place to be. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Competitive paid time off is a given and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered. We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If this sounds like you, send us your information! We are huge on culture fit, so put some personality into your cover letter. Let us know why you want to work with us, and what would make you the perfect fit! We really do read them!