Location: Franklin, TN
Job Title: Label Specialist
Reports to: VP of Quality (Chief Operations Officer in the Interim)
Start date: Immediately
At Ancient Nutrition (ancientnutrition.com) and DrAxe.com (draxe.com), together with our affiliated companies, we believe the human body was built for high performance, and we are passionate about helping people around the world transform their lives through natural health and wellness. We produce and sell 5-star-rated organic health supplements, provide transformative programs and certification courses and deliver unparalleled (and free) education on nutrition, natural medicine, fitness, healthy recipes, DIY home remedies and trending health news through multiple platforms. Our whole food nutritional products are designed to provide ancient nutrients in a modern, convenient form to power the body and mind, restoring us to the health, strength and vitality of our ancestors.
Named Tennessee's fastest growing company 2 years in a row and landing at #35 on Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies nationwide, we have a lot of successes under our belt. And we're just getting started! Our portfolio brands include: Ancient Nutrition, Axe Organics, Functional Fungi, Ancient Apothecary and Beyond Organic. We have locations in North Palm Beach, FL, Nashville, TN, Arroyo Grande, CA and Mt. View, MO.
As the Regulatory and Label Specialist, you will champion quality control and assurance across our entire manufacturing process company wide. You will be tasked with ensuring all of our labels adhere to every aspect of our rigorous standards and legal compliance. Essentially, you will ensure that the labels of both Tennessee’s fastest growing company and all of our locations exceed all quality expectations.
Most importantly, you'll see first-hand how your work helps millions of people live healthier, richer lives.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will ensure that daily Quality Assurance Departmental activities support operational requirements (componentry inspection and release, document control system, label issuance/control, etc.).
- You will manage label control program to assure compliance with issuance accountability, change and processing controls.
- You will develop, review, conduct and/or document cGMP training for company employees and job related training for the QA staff.
- You will proof formulas, nutritionals and specification sheets, along with labels.
- Coordinate with QA concerning new product information.
- You will ensure that all labels and packaging comply with FDA, FTC and USDA regulations.
- You will manage the inspection of all componentry, labeling, etc. to assure compliance with approved specifications.
- You will supply co-packers with necessary information to meet USDA/FDA/FTC/USDA label requirement and/or complete the government paperwork for them.
- You will manage document/record control to include:
- Change Control
- Product and material specifications
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Processing and packaging batch records, labels, inserts, and other printed materials
- Study protocols
- You might have other duties, which may be assigned from time to time.
What we’re looking for:
- You must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a quality control regulatory and label role.
- You must have full knowledge of Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Part 101: Food Labeling and Part 111: Dietary Supplements.
- We will give preference to candidates with experience in dietary supplements.
- You are highly driven.
- You roll up your sleeves and dig in.
- Ability to apply yourself and work well in a team environment.
- You have an extreme eye for detail.
- You are an investigator - You enjoy finding solutions to problems.
- When you learn something, you are able to communicate it in a way that allows you to pass your knowledge onto others.
- You are an expert communicator.
- Details are your best friend.
- Your organizational skills have made it to your sock drawer.
- You work quickly with impeccable accuracy.
- You look for ways to improve process.
- Multitasking is your middle name.
- You are humble.
- Your previous colleagues say you are a creative problem solver.
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, we are a laid back, fast paced place to be. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Competitive paid time off is a given and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered. We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If this sounds like you, send us your information! We are huge on culture fit, so put some personality into your cover letter. Let us know why you want to work with us, and what would make you the perfect fit! We really do read them!