Job Title: Director of Paid Digital Media
Reports to: President
Location: Franklin, TN (Greater Nashville Area)
Job status: Full-time
At Axe Wellness, we’re striving to create some of the best products, content and education systems in the world. And while we have a lot of successes under our belt, we're just getting started. As the Director of Paid Digital Media at Axe, you will increase revenue through measurably effective and efficient use of media, time, people and data. You’re going to innovate, initiate, self-educate, and bring new ideas to the table. You know paid media like the back of your hand and understand the unique role that paid media plays in a digital campaign.
You’ll be ultimately responsible for managing digital media spend for the #1 fastest growing company in Tennessee and 2nd-ranked natural health website in the world.
Most importantly, you'll see first hand how your work helps millions of people live healthier, richer lives.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be accountable for every ad dollar spent at Axe Wellness.
- You will oversee a team of 3 senior paid media advertisers.
- You’ll be responsible for tailoring the message of our company in a way that resonates with audiences.
- You'll bring process and organization where needed to our digital paid media team.
- You'll recruit and build a team of the best advertisers in the industry.
- You’ll guide the creation of specific content for all digital media.
- You’ll guide our graphics team on the creative you need to reach new audiences.
- To an untrained eye it will look like you can see future, but you’ll just be data driven.
- You'll model what is working best in the digital advertising industry.
- You'll forecast and analyze return by channel
- You’ll be flexing your left brain and right brain daily, because this is just the person that you are.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Paid Social/SEM or Digital Media Buying
- Must have experience managing a budget of a minimum of $500k a month
- Experience leading a team of advertisers
- Direct Experience with Facebook Ads
- In-depth Understanding of the Industry Terms- (ROAS, CPA, CPC, CPM)
- Comfortable with Power Editor/Adwords Editor
- Proven Track Record with successful AdCopy
- In-depth experience with Google Analytics
- In-depth experience with Google AdWords
- Experience in an agile environment
- Experience handling budgets, analyzing data, and reporting to key stakeholders
- You are highly driven.
- You have a strong opinion of Google Sheets vs Excel.
- You have a very strong operational streak.
- You love to bring order and process improvement.
- You are collaborative and value feedback from both peers and leadership.
- You are curious - You spend time reading documentation so you know how things work and why.
- You are coachable. You will listen, ask questions, and if at first you don’t succeed - try, try again.
- You can pivot table in your sleep.
- You have an eye for conversion - Although you’ll always test, your hunches are on the money.
- When we say A/B testing you don’t look at us confused.
- When you learn something, you are able to communicate it in a way that allows you to pass your knowledge onto others.
A plus for
- Experience working with B2C Ecommerce Businesses
- Smartly/Nanigans Experience
- Experience with Native/Display/Youtube/Twitter/Pinterest, specifically in direct response
- Photoshop Experience
- Video Editing Experience
- Experience in a startup environment
- Affiliate Background
The learning curve will be steep. The speed will be a blur. But if you’re willing to put your head down and do the work, you’ll be a key member of the digital marketing team for a company transforming lives around the country and world.
Dr. Axe is laid back, fast paced place to be. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited time off is given. We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free products and affinity programs.