DrAxe.com is the fastest-growing natural health website in the world with over 17 million unique visitors per month and the fastest growing company in Tennessee. We are looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
You will join a team of people passionate about health and wellness and building an enduring natural health brand that is changing the lives of people around the world!
What you'll be doing:
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers with current form W9s on file; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Reimburse employees by receiving and verifying expense reports/receipts and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Adhere to specific cut off dates when entering invoices in the system.
- Verifie vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Coordinate with sales team in collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history.
- Confirm customer deductions with sales team and controllers.
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering credit memos.
- Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Review sales data and prepares sales tax returns for review by controller.
- Associate degree in Accounting (minimum)
- Tracking Budget Expenses
- Vendor Relationships
- PC Proficiency
- Data Entry Skills
- Financial Software
- Reporting Research Results
- "Details" is your middle name.
- You're so organized you can find your favorite socks in the dark.
- You check your work. Then check it again. And then one more time.
- You process and analyze information well.
- You are a people person (for a finance person).
- You are flexible. This is a “high change” environment.
- You are self guided and take initiative. We don’t have time to micromanage around here.
- You roll up your sleeves and dig in.
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, Dr. Axe is a laid back, fast paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of team-wide fun including The Escape Game, Top Golf, and the random pinata at the summer cookout.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited paid time off is a given, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Dr. Axe products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is you, we'd love to hear from you! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)