Away is seeking a marketing associate to help scale our Offline and Broadcast Media channels. This role reports to our head of Offline & Broadcast Media, and sits on the Acquisition Marketing team.
The Acquisition team is an iterative, performance-driven squad of marketers. We manage Away’s paid media budget and systematically acquire new customers through efficient channels and tactics. Working closely with teams across our organization, we’re always coming up with new ways to reach new customers more quickly, effectively, and efficiently — all while building an enduring travel brand.
The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced team, eager to learn, and hungry to make an impact early in their career. This position is based out of our headquarters in NoHo, New York City.
What you’ll do
- Grow a world-class Offline & Broadcast Media program, including TV, Radio, Podcast, Direct Mail, Print, and more.
- Drive strategy for media buys and liaise with agency partners to support evergreen and campaign-specific initiatives.
- Assess new growth opportunities as they arise, developing quantitative models and evaluating them for fit against strategic goals and performance criteria.
- Work closely with our Creative team, generating briefs and providing recommendations to optimize performance and validate hypotheses for acquiring new customers.
- Partner with our Data & Analytics team to build dashboards, identify trends in performance, and refine attribution methodology for our offline channels.
- Help define internal best practices for existing offline channels, and support initiatives to push the performance boundaries of traditional media while building a compelling brand.
Who you are
- You have 1-2 years of experience in a highly analytical role, and are comfortable extrapolating from data, mitigating risk, and working through uncertainty. Prior management consulting, finance, high-growth startup, e-commerce, or performance marketing experience preferred.
- You are an effective communicator, and can hold your own in a negotiation.
- You are an expert in Excel and are comfortable performing data analysis and visualization.
- You may have exposure to other data tools, such as Google Analytics, Looker, and Tableau. Bonus points if you are Google Analytics IQ qualified, or are willing to become certified during onboarding.
- Even more bonus points if you have prior experience or exposure to online performance marketing.
- You are intellectually curious and have a bias towards rapidly learning new skills or things that interest you.
- You love to travel (but that's a given).
- Competitive salary + equity, commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 100 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures, Accel Partners, and Global Founders Capital.