Away is seeking a marketing associate to help scale our Paid Social and Programmatic Marketing campaigns. This role reports to our head of Paid Social and sits on the Acquisition Marketing team.
The Acquisition team is an iterative, performance-driven squad of marketers. We manage Away’s paid media budget and systematically acquire new customers through efficient channels and tactics. Working closely with teams across our organization, we’re always coming up with new ways to reach new customers more quickly, effectively, and efficiently — all while building an enduring travel brand.
The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced team, eager to learn, and hungry to make an impact early in their career. This position is based out of our headquarters in NoHo, New York City.
What you’ll do:
- Grow a world-class Paid Social program across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and more. Test and efficiently scale new tactics on content distribution platforms like Outbrain and Taboola, and compete on mature channels like Programmatic Display.
- Use the flexibility and speed inherent to these channels to quickly and efficiently learn about our customer segments.
- Work closely with our Creative team, generating briefs and providing recommendations to optimize performance and validate hypotheses for acquiring new customers.
- Analyze campaign performance, build reporting dashboards, and prioritize opportunities to improve efficiency or generate new learnings for the business.
- Develop hypotheses about factors influencing campaign and channel-level performance, then test and learn in collaboration with the wider Growth Marketing and Data teams.
- Help define internal best practices for alpha and beta features on leading ad platforms, as well as on emerging channels where best practices have yet to be defined.
Who you are:
- You have 1-2 years of experience in a highly analytical role, and are comfortable extrapolating from data, mitigating risk, and working through uncertainty. Prior performance marketing, management consulting, finance, high-growth startup, or e-commerce experience preferred.
- You have some direct experience or exposure to performance marketing channels and campaign management, such as Facebook Power Editor, AdEspresso, Kenshoo, Smartly, or Nanigans.
- You are very comfortable doing data analysis and visualization in Excel. You may have direct experience or exposure to other tools, such as Google Analytics, Looker, and Tableau.
- Even more bonus points if you are Google Analytics IQ qualified, or are willing to become certified during onboarding.
- You are intellectually curious and have a bias towards rapidly learning new skills or things that interest you.
- You love to travel (but that's a given).
- Competitive salary + equity, commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 100 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures, Accel Partners, and Global Founders Capital.