Away is seeking a search engine marketing lead to drive our paid search and search engine optimization initiatives. This role reports to our Sr. Director of Acquisition Marketing and sits on the Acquisition Marketing team.
The Acquisition team is a performance-driven squad of marketers. We manage Away’s paid media, acquiring new customers through thoughtful experimentation and rigorous optimization. Working closely with other teams, we’re constantly learning and adapting in order to grow our customer base quickly, efficiently, and sustainably.
The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced team and be our in-house subject matter expert on search engines and shopping feeds. This position is based out of our headquarters in NoHo, New York City.
What you’ll do:
- Build a cutting-edge, paid search marketing program at global scale, and develop a comprehensive SEO program.
- Completely own and efficiently scale our paid search campaigns across Google Ads, Bing Ads, and other search partners and/or comparison shopping engines against ambitious CPA and ROAS goals.
- Improve auction competitiveness for top non-branded keywords across our domestic and international markets.
- Continuously evaluate the incremental impact of our paid and organic search efforts.
- Work with our digital product and engineering teams to coordinate technical SEO audits as needed, identifying and prioritizing opportunities that would have a major impact on influencing search visibility, including any that should be addressed in future web redesigns.
- Develop a robust link building strategy with relevant internal teams to enhance search visibility, as measured by industry standard metrics such as Domain Authority or Trust Flow.
Who you are:
- You have 4-6 years of experience in PPC. Prior high-growth startup, e-commerce, or agency experience for similar clients is strongly preferred.
- You are Google Search and Shopping Advertising qualified, and are able to demonstrate comparable knowledge.
- You have a deep understanding of ad auction mechanics, campaign setup, ranking factors, and product feeds. Moreover, you can effectively translate this into actionable steps for executives, technical, and non-technical team members.
- You are very comfortable doing data analysis and visualization in Excel. You may have direct experience or exposure to other tools, such as Looker and Tableau.
- You are very familiar with paid search tools at scale, such as AdWords Editor, Kenshoo, Marin, or Google Marketing Platform.
- You have a working knowledge of technical SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, or Botify; keyword research tools such as SEMRush and STAT; and backlink tools such as Ahrefs or Link Research Tools.
- You have a successful SEO project in your portfolio that demonstrates your ability to rank pages for competitive keywords, and which resulted in increased organic traffic and revenue (or other critical conversion event).
- You love to travel (but that's a given).
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have flexible PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. We’re building a company with a mission to make travel more seamless—starting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, we’re working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date we’ve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, and grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know that’s just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their “2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies,” we were included on the Built in NYC “Startups to Watch in 2018” list, and called a “Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing” by Adweek.