Away is seeking a SEM/SEO lead to oversee paid search campaigns and search engine optimization initiatives across our e-commerce and editorial businesses. You will work closely within our Growth Marketing team, reporting to our Director of Acquisition Marketing and VP of Growth Marketing. The right candidate is excited to be an early employee at a new venture-backed consumer brand and is eager to take on an array of responsibilities.
This position is based out of our headquarters in NoHo, New York City.
What you'll do:
- Manage and efficiently scale our paid search campaigns across Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and other search partners against aggressive CPA and ROAS goals.
- Conduct keyword research to identify paid and organic opportunities to drive qualified traffic, inform acquisition and editorial content development, and improve topical relevancy for key terms.
- Work with our digital product and engineering teams to execute regular technical SEO audits, prioritizing opportunities to influence search ranking factors.
- Create a robust link prospecting strategy with relevant internal teams to enhance search visibility, as measured by industry standard metrics such as Domain Authority and Trust Flow.
- Measure success and communicate key learnings from SEO experiments, including impact to major business metrics, website traffic and channel revenue.
- Grow a world-class paid and organic search marketing program.
Who you are:
- You have 2-3 years of experience in PPC and SEO. Prior high-growth startup, e-commerce, or agency experience for similar clients highly preferred.
- You have experience with paid search tools at scale, such as AdWords Editor or Kenshoo.
- You are proficient in the daily use of technical SEO tools such as Screaming Frog or DeepCrawl, and suites such as Moz, Majestic, Raven Tools, and SEMRush.
- You have a deep understanding of ad auction mechanics, campaign setup, and organic ranking factors. Moreover, you can effectively translate this into actionable steps for executives, technical, and non-technical team members.
- You are comfortable with data manipulation and visualization in tools like Google Analytics, Excel, Looker, Tableau, etc.
- You love to travel (but that's a given).
- Competitive salary + equity, commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 100 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures, Accel Partners, and Global Founders Capital.