Away is seeking a search engine marketing lead to drive paid search and search engine optimization initiatives across our e-commerce and editorial businesses. This role reports to our Sr. Director of Acquisition Marketing and sits on the Acquisition Marketing team.
The Acquisition team is a performance-driven squad of marketers. We manage Away’s paid media, acquiring new customers through thoughtful experimentation and rigorous optimization. Working closely with other teams, we’re constantly learning and adapting in order to grow our customer base quickly, efficiently, and sustainably.
The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced team, eager to learn, and hungry to make an impact early in their career. This position is based out of our headquarters in NoHo, New York City.
What you’ll do:
- Build a cutting-edge paid search marketing program, and set up a foundational SEO program.
- Own and efficiently scale our paid search campaigns across Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and other search partners and/or comparative shopping engines against ambitious CPA and ROAS goals.
- Improve auction competitiveness for top non-branded keywords across our domestic and international markets.
- Work with our digital product and engineering teams to coordinate technical SEO audits as needed, identifying and prioritizing opportunities that would have a major impact on influencing search visibility.
- Develop a robust link prospecting strategy with relevant internal teams to enhance search visibility, as measured by industry standard metrics such as Domain Authority and Trust Flow.
Who you are:
- You have 2-3 years of experience in PPC. Prior high-growth startup, e-commerce, or agency experience for similar clients is strongly preferred.
- You are Google AdWords and Analytics IQ qualified, or can readily demonstrate comparable knowledge.
- You have a deep understanding of ad auction mechanics, campaign setup, and ranking factors. Moreover, you can effectively translate this into actionable steps for executives, technical, and non-technical team members.
- You are very comfortable doing data analysis and visualization in Excel. You may have direct experience or exposure to other tools, such as Looker and Tableau.
- You have experience with paid search tools at scale, such as AdWords Editor, Kenshoo, Marin, or Doubleclick Search (DS).
- You may be proficient in the daily use of technical SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, or Botify, and keyword research tools such as SEMRush and STAT.
- You are intellectually curious. You naturally tend to rapidly learn new skills, or master things that interest you.
- You love to travel (but that's a given).
- Competitive salary + equity, commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retiirement savings plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trip
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 100 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $81M in venture funding from investors including Global Founders Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and Accel Partners.