Away is seeking a paid intern to join our Brand Marketing team with the potential to join the company full time upon successful completion of the internship. The ideal candidate will have an interest in copywriting, content creation, the startup world, and all things social media. This role is based in our HQ in NoHo, NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with content creation and copywriting across Away’s social media platforms
- Contribute to ideation and execution of social media campaigns and brand marketing activations
- Plan and schedule social media posts to go live when they’ll have the highest impact
- Track engagement and follower growth on a weekly and monthly basis
- Identify influencers and manage influencer relationships
- Assist with community management
- Go above and beyond to help the brand marketing team in various tasks
Who you are:
- Social media obsessed! Passion for all social media platforms, industry trends, platform developments, and knowledge of influencers.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking “how can we do this better?”
- Eager to learn and take on new and varied responsibilities
- Positive, “no task too small,” attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Previous experience in social media or digital marketing a plus
- All internships are paid
- Weekly team lunch, brand marketing events, office snacks
- Valuable time with all team members across departments
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $2.5M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures and Accel Partners.