Away is seeking a paid intern to join our editorial team. The ideal candidate will have an interest in writing, editing, digital media, and creative storytelling. This role is based in our HQ in Noho, NYC.
What you'll do:
- Participate in the writing and ideation of stories for Away’s editorial platform
- Support project management for Away’s many editorial initiatives
- Assist the Editorial Director in administrative and organizational tasks
Who you are:
- A journalism or communications major with previous internship experience
- Eager to work in a fast paced, startup environment
- A strong writer with an eye for editing
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- All internships are paid
- Weekly team lunches and a stocked fridge
- Valuable experience shaping Away’s content initiatives
- Quality time with all team members across departments
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $2.5M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures and Accel Partners.