Away is seeking a Finance & Strategic Operations Associate. This team member will play a critical role in helping Away grow in 2017 and beyond and will be the go-to person for various projects across the company, ensuring that Away’s systems and processes can scale with the company’s rapid growth. This person will own a variety of key projects across Finance and Strategic Operations, will collaborate cross functionally and regularly interface with senior leadership at the company.
The right candidate is excited to be an early employee at a recently-launched, venture-backed lifestyle brand and is eager to take on a wide array of responsibilities. This position is based out of our headquarters in Noho, New York City.
What you'll do:
- Identify and prioritize the company’s largest growth opportunities and develop insightful recommendations through comprehensive analysis
- Gather input from team members across the company and project manage key strategic initiatives to ensure thoughtful design and timely implementation
- Manage implementation of company’s ERP, working across CX, Operations, Data and E-Commerce teams to ensure input from all future users is considered for ideal configuration
- Analyze product costs and initiate cost savings efforts as Away grows to improve unit economics with scale as well as identify other cost savings opportunities across the company
- Take on a wide array of other external and internal-facing projects
Who you are
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- 1-3 years of highly analytical experience such as management consulting or other highly analytical field
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to break down complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Enjoys identifying problems and implementing solutions
- Thrives in a very fast paced environment that requires multi-tasking, prioritization and minimal oversight
- Structured, analytical problem solver
- Love to travel (but that’s a given)
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
- Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $11M in venture funding from investors including Global Founders Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and Accel Partners.