Away is seeking an exceptional front-end web developer to join the Away team. The right candidate is excited to be an early employee at a recently-launched, venture-backed lifestyle brand and is eager to take on an array of responsibilities. This position is based out of our headquarters in New York City.
What you'll do:
- Work with our full-stack development agency and in-house UX team to create world-class digital experiences across our webstore and editorial site. Our website is composed of a JS web app (built using Backbone, Webpack, ES2015 JS) and Solidus & WordPress REST APIs.
- Continually refine the look and feel of of the shopping experience
- Create dedicated pages for new product launches and collaborations
- Develop and A/B test landing pages for customer acquisition
- Ensure code quality in conjunction with development agency
- Help us transition from Backbone to React
Who you are:
- 3+ years of mobile web development with an understanding of mobile browser capabilities
- 3+ years of responsive development
- Experience with Solidus / Spree highly preferred
- Experience with a CSS pre-processor (e.g. Sass, Less)
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility Experience with version control (e.g. Git)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working with vector graphics
- Bonus: Experience with WordPress, Webpack, ES2015 JS, and experience with a task runner such as Gulp or Grunt highly desirable.
- Love to travel (but that's a given)
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding from investors including Global Founders Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and Accel Partners.