Away is seeking an Accounting Manager to develop and oversee Away’s accounting function. The ideal candidate has 4-5 years public or private accounting experience and is eager to build repeatable and scalable processes and establish strong internal controls at a fast-paced consumer brand. This position is based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City and reports to the Director of Finance.
What you'll do:
- Manage outsourced accounting team and lead daily accounting operations, including general ledger, accounts payable, inventory accounting and revenue recognition
- Oversee the monthly close process to issue timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS for both US company and international subsidiary
- Complete quarterly sales tax filings and work with outside accountants to complete monthly, quarterly and annual VAT filings
- Support outside accountants in annual US and international tax filings
- Manage and report cash flow on daily and monthly basis
- Be a key first team member in building out the accounting and AP functions as Away!
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA required
- 4-5+ years accounting experience including both public and private
- Able to assess and implement technology to automate and control numerous accounting processes
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP. Experience with IFRS, VAT filings and other international filings a plus
- Experience with ERP systems - Netsuite experience a plus
- Expert Excel skills
- Interest in expanding role to encompass all things accounting and financial at Away - interest in being involved in FP&A and budgeting a huge plus!
- Love to travel (but that's a given)
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $11M in venture funding from investors including Global Founders Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and Accel Partners.