We’re Away. We make thoughtful objects for modern travel. For us, getting Away means getting more out of every trip to come.
We're looking for an imaginative and inquisitive Digital Designer to join our team. The role would be equal parts visual design and UX design, ideal for a person who can balance form and function throughout the entire digital experience. You would help the team establish a digital design system that will visually define the brand while scaling with our rapid growth. You’d be a key part of bringing this system to life in a team of passionate creatives changing the way we travel.
The position is based in our headquarters in Soho New York.
What we'd love to see from you:
- 2-3 years of experience designing ecommerce experiences, ideally for startups or agencies.
- The energy and drive to deliver the best design in the industry and an adaptability to a range of time and budget constraints.
- A willingness to push the boundaries. We’re not interested in the status quo.
- A portfolio of digital projects that have elevated a brand’s digital experience.
- Competence in Illustrator, Photoshop, inDesign. Bonus points for Invision and Sketch.
- A desire to travel and understand why others do too.
What you'd do here:
- Establish essential building blocks of the digital design system that will form Away's digital experience for years to come.
- Concept and design interactive (and ideally award-winning) landing pages for new product launches.
- Design emails for seasonal campaigns and retention marketing.
- Glean insights from analytics and form new design solutions from your findings.
- Concept and pitch new digital projects to key stakeholders outside the creative team.
- Day-to-day projects like sitemaps, wireframes, low-fi mockups, production-ready comps, and design specs for our Developers.
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding from investors including Global Founders Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and Accel Partners.