Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Full-Time Sales Associate to join our retail team at our store location in San Francisco, Hayes Valley.
Our Retail team creates a transformative experience that inspires a global community. We build connections with our community through product expertise and merchandising, world-class-service standards, and operational excellence. We pride ourselves in owning the offline touch point for our community, and use it as an opportunity to create more Away fans.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will represent the Away brand by providing best-in-class support to all of our customers from the moment they step foot in the door til the moment they leave. You will directly contribute to the store’s success by having unparalleled customer interactions and by honing deep product expertise.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our Employee Resource Groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What You'll Do:
Provide exceptional customer service to every person, every time
Deliver a memorable experience to each and every customer in a way that is uniquely Away
Represent our brand and our core values
Maintain the highest level of product knowledge and expertise. Help customers navigate through the shopping, product and sales journey
Maintain the integrity of the space and uphold our visual standards
Work in-store programs and events as needed
Assist with any necessary processes and operations to keep the store alive and thriving!
Who You Are:
Excellent communicator with a passion for people
Comfortable working with all types of personalities
Maintains cool under pressure
An effective and expedient problem-solver with a keen attention to detail
Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
Ability to pull, push, lift, and carry up to 25 pounds throughout the duration of a work shift
Ability to stand/be on feet for extended periods of time throughout the duration of a work shift
Ability to bend, squat, twist, and reach as needed throughout the duration of a work shift
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards program that also includes benefits, bonus, equity and various social and professional investment opportunities at Away. Pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including scope and qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other Away employees. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at Away to fall healthily within the range based on these factors.
- Salary Range: $19 hourly
- This role is eligible to participate in Away’s Annual Company Performance Bonus Plan, the terms of which are determined on an annual basis at the discretion of the company
- Equity Grant: commensurate with level determined at the discretion of the company
- Benefits Overview:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Flexible spending, health savings and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (vacation, personal well being, volunteer, paid holidays, floating holidays, bereavement and jury duty)
- Paid Parental Leave, Short & Long-term disability
- Product stipends and recognition awards
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total rewards packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a stocked kitchen.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities, as well as access to one-on-one professional coaching services, so we can support you as the company's needs evolve.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through people-focused initiatives like our Employee Resource Groups, monthly cultural programming, our hybrid approach to ways of working, and our newly designed HQ that centers intentionality & collaboration, we're building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.