Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Paid Social Associate to join our Acquisition Marketing team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in digital/social marketing (paid or unpaid), e-commerce, and data analysis. This role will report to the Senior Director of Acquisition Marketing and will be hybrid from our New York City office with in-office attendance required twice weekly.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our Employee Resource Groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you'll do:
- Be a key member of the team building a world-class Paid Social strategy across Meta, Pinterest, Snap, Yelp, and Tik Tok, laddering up into a larger Paid Acquisition portfolio.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to drive strategy and execution of evergreen and campaign-specific initiatives.
- Execute day-to-day optimizations, including: ad rotation, building, QAing, and launching new ads, budget reallocation.
- Analyze and track campaign and channel performance, build reporting dashboards, and recommend opportunities to improve existing campaigns or generate new learnings for the business.
- Work closely with our Data & Analytics team to refine attribution methodology for our portfolio of digital channels.
- Work closely with the Creative team, generating briefs, providing recommendations to optimize performance, documenting tests, and regularly sharing findings to inform future evergreen and campaign initiatives.
- Help define internal best practices for existing channels, and support innovative initiatives that push the boundaries of traditional media while building a global travel brand.
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a highly analytical role, and are comfortable working through uncertainty, managing risk, and making data-driven decisions. Prior performance marketing, management consulting, finance, or startup experience is helpful.
- You have an understanding of basic marketing metrics, such as ROI, CTR or CPM, and what they mean. (Return on investment, Click through rate, cost per metric)
- You are an expert in Excel and are comfortable performing data analysis and visualization. You may have exposure to other data tools, such as Google Analytics, Looker, and Tableau, or are willing to learn.
- You have an intuitive, empathic understanding of people, and an ability to hypothesize why a given message may or may not resonate with a given audience.
- You enjoy taking initiative and are comfortable tackling problems in uncertain or ambiguous situations.
- You are very comfortable multi-tasking and managing competing priorities.
- You are curious and constantly learning new skills or things that interest you. You don’t settle for the status quo and have a bias towards finding a better, more efficient way of doing things.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable working cross-functionally with various teams and personalities in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with a “no task is too small” attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)