Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Manager, Brand Marketing to join our Marketing team.
We are looking for a creative, ambitious, and detailed-oriented Manager. This role will combine innovative thinking with the day-to-day coordination and execution of Away’s integrated marketing plans and calendar rollout—connecting full-funnel channel plans, managing and supporting execution across brand channels, and actioning optimization opportunities. You will support ideation and seamless implementation of strategies that grow the Away brand in the hearts and minds of our community—including retail marketing, events & experiential, social, influencer, partnerships, performance marketing, e-commerce and more. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and the ability to foster close relationships with cross-functional partners. This role reports to the Director of Brand Marketing and will be hybrid from our New York City office with in-office attendance required twice weekly.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our Employee Resource Groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross-functionally to support seamless planning and execution of Away’s integrated marketing strategies across all marketing channels—acting as the central hub that ties all tactical channel plans together to deliver a cohesive and effective experience across the funnel
- Support in ideating, building, and executing innovative strategies and initiatives across retail marketing, events & experiential and community—driving brand love and delivering on business objectives
- Assist, and at times lead development of integrated briefs that clearly capture and communicate strategic intent—collaborating closely with cross-functional partners to drive successful creative execution and business results
- Champion Away’s brand standards across all consumer touchpoints—evaluating execution plans and assets with a keen eye for detail while optimizing for the consumer experience
- Capture and distill cross-functional communication and feedback during planning and execution—gaining alignment where needed, and identifying and actioning next steps
- Manage daily marketing responsibilities, including top of week reporting, building and maintaining marketing calendars, leading the development and coordination of integrated channel plans, cascading go-live dates and scheduling shifts to cross-functional teams in a timely manner
- Own and maintain all necessary resources & decks for weekly cross-functional meetings and major marketing milestones
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships with merchandising, commercial, design and creative to support and participate in product strategy & marketing initiatives
- Assist in monitoring in-flight campaign performance—helping to quickly action optimization opportunities to increase effectiveness in key results
- Lead post-campaign reporting—creating scorecards and cross-functional KPI reports to provide insights and learnings that help inform future strategies and marketing plans
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of 4 years of related experience
- You are both a strategic and creative thinker who is hungry to turn ideas into reality
- You are customer-obsessed and actively work to bring best-in-class marketing plans to life that engage our community at all parts of the funnel
- You have high personal standards and champion brand integrity in all your work
- You are solution- and results-oriented, and use data to measure success, iterate, and optimize
- You’re a curious and resourceful self-starter, with an ability to solve problems and seek new information
- You’re extremely organized and adept at creating (and sticking to!) timelines and driving best practices around process
- You’re detail-oriented and have excellent follow-through
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- You’re proficient in Google Workspace, Excel, & Slack
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards program that also includes benefits, bonus, equity and various social and professional investment opportunities at Away. Pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including scope and qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other Away employees. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at Away to fall healthily within the range based on these factors.
- Salary Range: $105,000 - $112,000 annually
- This role is eligible to participate in Away’s Annual Company Performance Bonus Plan, the terms of which are determined on an annual basis at the discretion of the company
- Equity Grant: commensurate with level determined at the discretion of the company
- Benefits Overview:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Flexible spending, health savings and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (vacation, personal well being, volunteer, paid holidays, floating holidays, bereavement and jury duty)
- Paid Parental Leave, Short & Long-term disability
- Product stipends and recognition awards
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total rewards packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a stocked kitchen.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities, as well as access to one-on-one professional coaching services, so we can support you as the company's needs evolve.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through people-focused initiatives like our Employee Resource Groups, monthly cultural programming, our hybrid approach to ways of working, and our newly designed HQ that centers intentionality & collaboration, we're building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.