Away is seeking a part-time Monogramming Artist to help with our Artist Monogramming series! This person will work alongside our team of artists to hand paint monograms on bags. The right candidate will be technically skilled in painting, typography, or graphic design and will be eager to work at a quickly growing company.
Since April 2016, Away has offered hand-painted monograms to its customers and demand continues to grow. In this role, you will learn the basics of sign painting, working with sign painters enamel, and other tips and tricks while on-site. You will learn three to five alphabet styles and be able to reproduce them using a system of stencils and transfers.
What you'll do:
- Hand-paint initials on The Carry-On per customer order (customer selects colors and style)
- Receive training from our team of monogramming artists on the ins-and-outs of each alphabet style
- Work with oil-based enamel paints on plastic surfaces
- Work in the SoHo Away office under friendly management, who provides materials and supplies
Who you are:
- Experience working with enamel paints and/or working on a non-traditional medium is a plus
- Alright with working near and with solvents like mineral spirits and enamel paints
- Quick learner who is eager to learn and work within a system
- Friendly and patient
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and energetic environment
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding from investors including Global Founders Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and Accel Partners.