Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Temporary Accounts Payable Associate to join our Finance team.
The ideal candidate will have had experience in invoice processing, accounting processes, and financial data tagging. You will report to the Senior Accounting Manager, based in our New York City office in a hybrid or remote capacity.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the accounts payable inbox, enter and code bills in the ERP, and/or our AP system Tipalti
- Focus specifically on on ERP implementation project and AP work associated with the system and transition
- Communicate with vendors and business owners to resolve any inquiries or discrepancies
- Maintain the vendor master file, including new vendor set-up, completion of vendor credit forms and vendor payment set-up
- Initiate bill payments via our AP system, ACH, check, wire, and credit card in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Be an administrator of the Company’s third party expense platforms, Tipalti, Expensify and Teampay (and any future systems), including the review of employee expense reports and submissions to ensure adherence to Company policy and accuracy over coding
- Monthly reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts
- Facilitate vendor spend reporting and provide analysis as requested by FP&A and business owners
- Help support the accounting team with administrative tasks associated with filings, billings and other tasks
- Maintain process documentation and look for opportunities to automate and improve daily accounting processes
- Provide support with audits, special inquiries, projects and ad-hoc analysis
Who you are:
- Open to 6-9 temporary position
- BS/BA in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years of accounts payable experience; internship or contract experience is considered
- Ability to apply basic logic and generally accepted accounting principles to your work
- Respect for data privacy, including but not limited to vendor and employee information
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Competency in MS Suite, databases, and accounting software (experience with Netsuite, MS365, Expensify, Teampay and Tipalti a plus)
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies that verifies vaccination status
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability. Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.