Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Training Manager to join our Retail team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in developing training content, program implementation, and retail performance metrics. You will report to the Sr. Director of Retail based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Manages the development of retail training programs including; brand culture, product knowledge, and the customer journey
- Identify knowledge gaps creating blended learning options; and ensuring alignment with technology and business support infrastructure
- Build and facilitate in person and virtual onboarding programs for new store openings and new store leadership
- Explore new platforms and resources to enhance the employee training experience
- Perform on the spot floor coaching when traveling throughout the retail fleet
- Create a dynamic learning environment when delivering core training content (product, selling skills, client development, and others); Engage participants & check for understanding
- Measure the success of programs through KPIs and metrics and take action based on insights
- Deliver performance management, leadership coaching, and sales training
- Partner with Director, People Strategy to build and develop a best-in-class onboarding program that aligns with HQ's approach, to ensure we are providing Away's retail fleet an equitable experience and the right information, at the right time
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in similar role, retail channel preferred
- Experience with a broadly distributed retail store network learning and training strategy
- Experience building blended learning programs for store teams, focused on soft and role-specific skills, virtual or instructor-led training
- Ability to deliver a high level of creativity and find new ways to present information to an audience while focusing on the results of a program
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic
- An ability to multitask projects simultaneously
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.