Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Technical Talent Acquisition Partner or Technical Talent Acquisition Manager to join our People & Culture team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in full-cycle recruiting, be detail-oriented, and have an understanding of technical corporate positions. You will report to our Director of Talent Acquisition based in our New York City office, ideally in a hybrid work model working partially out of our Soho Office but open to fully remote candidates from the following states: NY, NJ, CT, MA, FL, IL, TX, CO, WA, CA and Washington DC.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What You'll Do:
- Manage full-cycle recruiting processes for the engineering, web development and IT departments as well as additional technical roles throughout the Corporate organization, including but not limited to: kick-off meetings, sourcing, resume review, phone screens, structured interviews, reference checks and delivering offers
- Facilitate and maintain an amazing end-to-end candidate experience
- Maintain owned roles in our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse)
- Manage internal Talent Acquisition and People & Culture workflows
- Implement and enforce consistency with recruiting policies and procedures
- Impeccable attention to detail both in written and verbal communication
- Ensure data consistency across our various internal systems
- Act as a brand ambassador in promoting Away as a great place to work
- Develop and maintain key partnerships with internal hiring managers
- Provide sound judgment and objectivity when weighing needs of the business vs candidate needs
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on hiring techniques and sourcing top talent
- Ensure that applicants' knowledge, skills and experience are aligned with our values
- Present to Hiring Managers, and work as liaison between candidates, HMs and HR business partners providing guidance through the interview, offer, and hiring process
- Cultivate deeper understanding of the specific functions you'll be recruiting for throughout the organization
- Developing sourcing plans and innovative search strategies to attract top talent while maintaining and building a network of talent for future opportunities
- Keeping ahead of the curve by networking to expand areas of focus and to identify key industry trends that could be applied to evolve our internal hiring processes
- Gather competitive intelligence and labor market conditions to inform search strategies
- Manage agency relationships and hiring processes as needed for select roles
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in a full-cycle recruiting capacity, in-house recruiting for corporate functions preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of IT, Tech or Engineering Recruiting experience
- Proficiency with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), Greenhouse preferred
- High energy with relationship building skills and the ability to take initiative, prioritize, influence, negotiate and partner cross functionally
- Ability to effectively work with and communicate with senior leadership & Executives
- Customer-service centric approach to Recruiting process
- Proficient with various candidate selection processes (phone interviews, structured interviews, skills & behavioral-based interviews, reference checks, etc.)
- Results driven with the ability to influence others
- Ability to source candidates through a variety of networks and tools
- Self-confident, self-motivated, with sense of personal accountability
- Ability to manage confidential information effectively
- Strong ability to follow process, comply with regulations
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire.
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have flexible PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.