We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Sales Supervisor to join our Retail Operations team at our store location in Austin, Domain Northside.
Our Retail team creates a transformative experience that inspires a global community. We build connections with our community through product expertise and merchandising, world-class-service standards, and operational excellence. We pride ourselves in owning the offline touch point for our community, and use it as an opportunity to create more Away fans.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will represent the Away brand by providing best-in-class support to all of our customers from the moment they step foot in the door til the moment they leave. You will directly contribute to the store’s success by having unparalleled customer interactions and by honing deep product expertise.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, support, and develop a team of retail associates
- Onboard new hires while still coaching existing team members
- Communicate Away’s values and brand philosophy to your team and to customers alike
- Ensure that your team is providing the best customer service possible, by providing such service yourself
- Take ownership of in-store processes and operations and help define Away’s SOPs.
- Help run an efficient and growing retail business; optimize store operations and customer journey
- Be a point person for HQ counterparts and colleagues; assist in marketing events and programming at the store.
Who you are:
- Excellent communicator with a passion for people
- Comfortable working with all types of personalities
- Passionate about speaking to travel experiences (anywhere!)
- Maintains cool under pressure
- An effective and expedient problem-solver with a keen attention to detail
- Positive attitude and feels there is no task too small and no task too large
- Eager to be at the frontline of a fast-paced and growing company
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have two weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, and commuter benefits.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, inclusion training, and quarterly allowances to bond with teammates, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.