Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team.
We are looking for more than just administrative support. We’re searching for someone who will learn and grow with Away. The person will leverage their unique skills and strengths to help scale the impact of the teams they support.
Away moves at an extremely fast pace and this person will have to maintain, organize and juggle priorities in an ever-changing environment. The job will be challenging, but also rewarding, and over time will expand as our company continues to grow. Helping our Executives manage their large teams will become an increasingly important role. You’ll be required to have a finger on the pulse of the leadership team and gain a solid understanding of the business.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have ample experience supporting executive level leaders with administrative tasks as well as some project coordination and management. This role will assist 2-3 executives and will report to the Director of People Partners, based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with executives to drive key business initiatives
- Act as a gatekeeper, setting up meetings, creating/distributing agendas and ongoing analysis of calendars to optimize time.
- Track priorities and proactively follow-up with stakeholders
- Take initiative to research areas of interest to support meetings, discussions and key decisions - streamline workflows
- Plan and organize travel, daily agendas to maximize their efficiency whenever they’re on the road.
- Get involved in community, team events, and group activities - really dig into the culture of the team
- Run projects, special initiatives, and propose ideas - increase accountability
- Be multidisciplinary; no two days look the same.
- Draft and send email and Slack communication
- Create presentations for team meetings, org-wide All Hands
Who you are:
- 3-4 years of experience in an administrative role, supporting multiple people, or a team - previous work with C-level executives is a plus.
- Intuitively operates with high levels of discretion & respect for the Executives and functions they support.
- Proficient in calendar and time management; can coordinate and prioritize calendars with little direction.
- Excellent personal time management capabilities, able to balance and prioritize competing priorities in a professional manner.
- Service-oriented and finds personal passion delivering best-in-class interactions as they partner across the organization. Extraordinary attention to detail and hyper-organized.
- Experience with technology and working in a hybrid work mode.
- Great communication skills. You’ll work with many different stakeholders, senior leadership, and large teams internally and externally.
- Top notch writing skills (portfolio of proven writing and presentation abilities a major bonus)
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using a secure platform that verifies vaccination status within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.