Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Sourcing Manager to join our sourcing team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in cost analysis, cost negotiation, and supply chain risk mitigation. You will report to the senior director - sourcing & production based in Hong Kong.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Cost control: drive actively sourcing activities (ex: material cost reduction and duty optimization) and cost negotiations to consistently ensure firm control on manufacturing related costs, without compromising quality.
- Supply chain risk mitigation: Identify and manage present & potential supply risks (ex: change in trade regulations), notify internal teams about these risks, and timely take necessary measures without disrupting supply.
- Review and maintain cost related data with the support of our cost analyst: bill of materials (BOMs), raw material and commodity price tracking, currency tracking, and global market analysis.
- Be highly informed on market trends, innovations, and novelties, especially those that can help improve margins.
- Review constantly the quality of our supplier pool and participate in supplier selection to ensure the right partners are selected to support the good health of our supply chain and our pace of growth.
- Build strong relationships with factories and material suppliers.
Who you are:
- 5 years of sourcing/ purchasing experience, preferably within the luggage / bags industry or related industries.
- Bachelor’s degree holder (technical and/ or business).
- Experience in cost modeling from finished goods to raw materials such as fabric, leather, plastic and/or hardware.
- Excellent negotiator.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong factory and material supplier network.
- Experience collaborating and working cross-functionally with Finance, Legal, Engineering, and Operations/Manufacturing teams. Experience in developing stakeholder relationships.
- High proficiency in English and Mandarin.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time throughout Asia, when travel resumes.
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.