Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join our Data Team with a focus on growth marketing.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will help drive our efforts to measure, analyze, and provide insights into the performance of our digital footprint. The right candidate is passionate about developing a data-driven approach and can work seamlessly with our digital team of product managers, designers, researchers, and engineers as the data subject matter expert.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and monitor KPIs/dashboards that ladder up to wider company strategy
- Work alongside our cross functional marketing organization to analyze trends and performance
- Dive deep into data sources and bridge the gap between raw data and actionable insights
- Build upon existing marketing frameworks like CAC/LTV
- Liaise with the growth team to better understand how to optimize spend to maximize ROAS
- Build cohort analysis to drive into customer specific trends and recommend best course of action to drive incremental LTV
- Partner with our retention marketing team to optimize our post purchase customer experience to drive repeat purchases
Who you are:
- You have at least three years professional experience in a highly analytical role such as business intelligence/analytics
- You have an understanding and strong interest in all aspects of site analytics in the context of a direct-to-consumer business
- Ability to captivate people with your data-storytelling and influence others to drive action
- You have experience turning abstract problems into actionable solutions and enjoy implementing new data-driven processes
- You are intellectually curious and identify areas of analysis that have potential to add business value
- Experience with customer data platforms and customer data
- You have SQL experience and ability to work on big datasets (billions of rows)
- DBT experience preferred but not required
- Amplitude/DBT/Looker experience preferred but not required
- You have experience with Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, or similar data warehouses
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using a secure platform that verifies vaccination status within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.