Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Service Desk Manager to join our IT team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in scaling a service desk team to support the needs of a distributed company, mentoring helpdesk technicians through leadership with empathy, and transforming the end-user customer experience into continual service improvement. You will report to the IT Director based in our New York City office and operate under our hybrid work model.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and execute our IT service management operations in line with best practices (e.g., ITIL) including onboarding, offboarding, fulfillment/break/fix for hardware and software, end-user training, user access requests, and others.
- Inclusively hire, train, mentor, and develop a team of IT professionals.
- System administration, management, and automation of our Corporate Technology stack including but not limited to (Google Workspaces, Okta, JAMF, Zendesk, Atlassian products, Zoom, Slack, Zapier, Meraki, and more)
- Measure, monitor, and maintain the performance of service desk activities to document resolutions, identify problem areas, and deliver solutions to enhance the quality of service and prevent future problems.
- Manage the processing of incoming requests to the service desk to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Oversee management of equipment and parts inventory.
- Create, manage, and support recognition and communication programs.
Who you are:
- Minimum 3 years experience as a helpdesk manager or helpdesk team lead
- Understanding of key technologies integration solutions including SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, ODBC, SFTP, Azure AD, Windows 10, Bit locker, etc.)
- You have experience with Mac operating systems and tools similar to JAMF Pro
- You have experience with Zendesk/Jira or similar service desk tools for managing helpdesk tickets
- You have experience with ITSM platforms
- You are an excellent communicator who interacts well with technical and non-technical partners across the organization across various mediums (in-person, email, slack, etc) keeping others informed of plans and progress
- You calmly prioritize and efficiently manage resources
- You strive for continuous improvement for yourself and your team
- You embrace technical documentation and knowledge-sharing with others.
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using a secure platform that verifies vaccination status within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.